Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy Birthday to My Boys!

Mike turned 33 on April 16th and my sweet baby boy turned 5 on April 21st. So, rather than celebrating their Birth-days...we celebrated a Birth - week! Mike had the day off on his B-day, but I had to go into work. So, the afternoon included lunch at Rumbi Grill, long afternoon naps and a surprise visit from our friend's the Mahe's who brought over cookies for Mike.
The next night we went to dinner with some friends to Mike's new favorite burger joint - Salt Lake Burger Co. Mike was in heaven with his big greasy bacon cheese burger and cheese fries! After dinner we went with Reno and Sunny to see the new Fast and Furious movie. The movie was pretty good (minus a couple unnecessary scenes) but it's the company that made the night so fun!
On Sunday we celebrated their Birthday's with my side of the family - Kung Fu Panda style. Jax was so excited about the cake I made him. In fact, he came to see the progress I had made and in the cutest voice said, "Wow mom, you are making my cake so adorable!" I told him the main reason I go to all that work is because he is so appreciative of it. He also requested I make Chinese food, so we enjoyed lettuce wraps, pot-stickers, egg rolls, rice and chicken stir fry. I also made chocolate dipped fortune cookies as party favors with little notes on the take out boxes that said, "I am so fortunate to be in this family with you!"
The boys blew out their candles and we laughed at Kiley when she bit into the #3 candle thinking it was candy - she initially thought my cake was pretty nasty!
Jax was excited to receive so many fun gifts from his aunts and uncles including one of his new favorite movies "Bed Time Stories" from Grandma and Opa. Mike could not be more thrilled than with a gift card to his favorite restaurant - "The Cheesecake Factory" along with a beautiful new tie and certificate for a round of golf. They were very happy boys!
Jackson had pre-school the day of his Birthday and he was so excited to present his "All About Me" board and share a treat with the kids in his class. He did such a good job presenting his poster with Miss Mikki and the kids thought his treat was soooo cool! They were delicious doughnuts with a note on them that said, " I do-not" know what I would do without a special friend like you to help me celebrate my Birthday. Thanks for your kind wishes! ~ From Jackson Andrus
After pre-school, daddy wanted to take Jax to lunch for his Birthday. Jax chose Arctic Circle - mostly because of the "Fun Zone", which the kids love to play on. After naps it was time to pick up some of his friends for a party at "Classic Skating" where the kids had a great time on the giant bouncing toys. We ate pizza and the rainbow cake that Jax picked out from Costco. (Yes, his dad did lecture him on his choice of a rainbow cake over a basketball cake - but mommy just let him pick what he wanted anyway.)
And then there were more presents!!! Jackson is lucky to have such great friends that seriously spoiled him like crazy!
And finally... the week was coming to an end when we celebrated their Birthday's with Mike's side of the family. Jax even asked me at the final party if he was 7 years old now because at the first party he turned 5, and the next one he thought he turned 6, so he figured he must be turning 7 at the last party. I think I was the only one that actually aged three years in a week, by the time it was all over! Well, the boys selected a "Star Wars" theme for this dinner and it was catered more to Mike since he requested his mom make his favorite - "Chicken Divan" and "Marie Calendar's Chocolate Silk Pie." Need less to say, he was in Heaven! Again they were spoiled with gifts that included Jax's other favorite new movie "Bolt" from grandma Kathy and Mike was excited about the "old school" movie he received from his sister - "Vanilla Ice!" As you can see the kids had so much fun together playing with the "Maschunga" light sabers and Mike was happy to load his wallet with more gift cards.
So, this week was much like this post...completely over loaded yet fun and exciting as well. Now I think I will try to go catch up on all my lost sleep and hope to some how recover from this week...until next year!

8 comments:

Brit H. said...

You did NOT make that cake. You DIDN'T. Tell me that you didn't. Cuz if you did, it's gonna BLOW my mind. I mean, I KNEW that you were crafty, talented, had mad skills, but come on-that cake is NUTS!

Alright. All I have to say is that I want to set up a once a week "play-date" for me and you at your house. Each time, you can teach me all of your CRAZY AMAZINGNESS. Deal?

Oh ya, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOYS!

Kip and Lindsay said...

Seriously Val, you are wonderwoman! You put me to shame...such a great mom and wife! I cannot believe all that you did, and plau you forgot to mention Jax's other birthday party in the park to eat the left over cake! :0) Seriously I'm with Brit, teach me all, Please!

katie said...

you've been BUSY!!! WOW supermom!!!

and i loved the easter green :)

lets get together soon...it would be great to catch up again!

Ashley and Ezra said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOYS!!! Val, I guess Im in agreement with all the posts above... you are quite amazing! When I grow up I want to be Val Andrus!!

Sunny said...

Holy cow, Val! That cake is incredible! Great job! You're so great, I'm so glad I know you!

Errin said...

Um...Oh my! You are an amazing! Looks like they had a great birthday, and were spoiled rotten. Happy Birthday Boys!

martha corinna said...

You are one amazing woman Val.

By the way, I need to return your triple barrel. I'm sorry we've had it so long, I'm one of those not so amazing forgetful women.

Warren said...

Wow! I am tired after just reading about all the birthday action! I vote for a Val's Enrichment night monthly :) You are incredible!!!