Thursday, May 21, 2009

Truth Hurts

About a week ago, the kids and I were on our way to go swimsuit shopping for our California vacation. On our way, I was driving down the street and noticed a woman laying out on her deck which backs Traverse Mtn. Blvd (the main road in TM) She had a skimpy bikini on and was barely holding her top on to cover a minuscule part of her chest! I gasped in astonishment at what I just saw, so of course my kids started saying, "What's wrong mama - what's wrong!" I failed at diverting them to something else and finally told them that I saw a woman in her swimsuit and it looked like her top was about to fall off! Jackson then asked me, "Mom, was she big or small?" I asked if he meant was she a little girl or was she a mommy, to which he replied... "No mom, was she small or was she kinda big and fat like you?" Hmmm, weeellllll.... she was small, and I...well, I no longer want to go buy a new swimsuit because if my 5 year old son knows that I'm big and fat without a swimsuit on then what will he think when I am in a piece of revealing spandex! Not to mention what he must have thought before I recently lost 25 pounds! Yeah well, I'm over it now, but at the moment I have to admit that it's true...Truth Hurts!

10 comments:

Maughan"sters" said...

You look great! If I was you, I'd go buy a few swimming suits AND treat yourself to the spa. You deserve it!

Kip and Lindsay said...

I have to admit I started reading your post and got nervous, b/c I recently laid out on my deck, BUT I had shorts and a t-shirt on, complete with garments underneath...haha, that is seriously funny that he said that! Then at first as I was reading I though big or small meant in the chest area, thank goodness he doesn't know about that yet...:0) Anyway...thanks for making me smile...You're great!

Brit H. said...

Ha ha. Kids are so awesome. They keep you humble, that's for sure. Emma likes to tell me that I have a big bum. Ha ha.

PS- How was your vaca? Post pics!

Sunny said...

Don't you just love kids? My kids love to tell me how fat I am especially right now. And hey, my young women actually like to tell me that too apparently! Haha, you look great, don't let it get ya down. In a few weeks, we'll go buy our bikinis together;) HA!

katie said...

don't even listen to his kid comment because they are clueless! i just saw you and you don't need to have a panic because you look great...PROMISE!!!


luv ya

xoxo

Ryan and Tenneal said...

Kids are LIARS and they don't really know what they are talking about! He meant to say "PHAT" like you mommy! (Pretty Hot And Tempting)

The Razon's said...

What?? You are the skinniest person that I can think of!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashley and Ezra said...

25 pounds!!! Girl you ROCK!!! You have a smokin body, and look how far you have come even with all your challenges! 25 Pounds!!!! Thats awesome!

Mindy Peck said...

Seriously, I don't think you're big and fat.....however, I just laughed my a#@ off at what Jackson said to you! My boys say random stuff all the time. I'm just glad they make me laugh.

Beck said...

Whatev! A 5 year old is not truth. Remember that. You may be asking yourself hmmm what is truth? I will tell you. Becky Childs is truth. Your hot! Your better than Martha! Your an amazing Mom! Your hair is rockin! And you make yummy pancakes and syrup. Doesnt the truth feel great. Love you!