Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Day 10K

My cute friend Katie talked me into running a 10k with her on Thanksgiving day in Bountiful.    At first I thought this was crazy, but I figured that my "figure" needed a 10k that day more than pumpkin pie.  So, we woke up early, dressed in layers of warm clothes, and after hugs and good luck wishes from the kids, we headed to the starting line.

 I was so excited that my dad decided to join me for the race.  He started running marathons last year, so this little 10k (6 miles) is a nice warm-up for him.  But, it was a great way to start my morning and gave me something to be thankful for... the fact that I have the health to run, and that I have my incredible father and a great friend running by my side.  
 We finished the race in 60 minutes, which isn't fast, but at least we finished and I felt much better about eating that piece of pie for Thanksgiving this year!
 The kids were excited to meet us at the finish line and of course they thought we won!  

(I'll just let them keep thinking that.) 
After the race, my foot that had been hurting a bit earlier in the week, started to hurt even worse!  But, I took some ibuprofen, enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with Mike's side of the family, and then I headed out to do my "Black Friday" Christmas shopping with my friend Becky.  By midnight, I was limping and could barely walk.  I pushed through it the best I could, but ended up going to the ER the next day only to find out I had stress fractured my foot.  Unfortunately, I won't be running for the next 3-4 weeks!  Oh well, luckily I was able to get most of my Christmas shopping done!

2 comments:

Ryan and Tenneal said...

um...I took 60 mintues on my first 10K and I was very proud of that!!!

miss you

katie said...

xxxxxxxxxx