Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Best Christmas Gift

Christmas Eve is full of fun family traditions. This year we planned to make gingerbread houses again, eat dinner, and of course Mike's favorite tradition - watch "National Lampoons Christmas Vacation." We were so excited to get together with the family for some fun, but little did I know just how truly exciting it would be!
When Kris, Brian, & the kids arrived, I was handed an envelope from Brian. I opened it up and could only read the first line for tears of joy immediately filled my eyes! It stated that Brian had decided to join The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and that we were invited to attend his baptism. As Brian said this has been 12 years in the making, so you can see why I would say that this is the best Christmas gift ever!
He in fact was baptized today, December 29th, 2007. It was such a special experience, and we are so excited for their family! This is just the beginning of many wonderful things to come. I just hope they know how much we love them and are so pleased with Brian's decision to join the church. Congratulations Brian!

1 comments:

Ashley and Ezra said...

What a great blessing this will end up being for his whole family! Congrats!