Yesterday I was officially released from serving as the Relief Society President of our ward since it split a couple weeks ago. It has been a very emotional thing for MaryAnn, Errin, Christy and I because it has only been about 11 months since we were first called. We felt like we had so much left to do, and more service left to give. We grew to love eachother and the sisters we served so much that it practically broke my heart when the shocking split occurred. Sometimes it can be hard to accept that there are reasons for change and that only the Lord sees the "big picture" in these situations. This has been one of the greatest experiences of my life to learn and grow as much as I feel I have. I am going to miss all the sweet sisters in our old ward, but I'm anxious for the opportunity to get to know the sisters in our new ward as well as begin serving in what ever capicity I am called to next. I am happy for the new RS Presidents of both wards - Nikki Tolamn, and Connie Bell. They will be amazing leaders and my prayers will be with them.
To Maryann, Errin, and Christy... I love you all so much! Thank you for your dedicated service, for your support, friendship, and love! You are such amazing women and I am so blessed to have been able to become friends with you along with all the truely amazing sisters on our Board.
It is bittersweet to close this chapter in my life and begin a new one, but life goes on, and I will be forever grateful for this time in my life!
Errin & Christy
To Maryann, Errin, and Christy... I love you all so much! Thank you for your dedicated service, for your support, friendship, and love! You are such amazing women and I am so blessed to have been able to become friends with you along with all the truely amazing sisters on our Board.
It is bittersweet to close this chapter in my life and begin a new one, but life goes on, and I will be forever grateful for this time in my life!
Errin & Christy
MaryAnn

9 comments:
You are too cute Val. Love you! Plus I love you even more now that you have Usher on your playlist. Lets do lunch soon! Its time...
Val, we will miss having you be our RS president as well! But now we will have more time for 'girls nights out' and won't have to use our "Enrichment Meetings" to hear all of your fun stories! Man, I'm going to miss enrichment and serving with you guys. I had so much fun and LOVED RS more than I ever have. Thanks for all that you did.
We will for sure miss you and your sweet family full of curly haired kids.
Released, that sucks but...
Just think of all the time you will have now. Whatever will you do? SMILE.
Val, you are so cute! I had no clue that you were the Relief Society Pres... that is awesome! Mine comes over like every week to get me and Mitchie active again.. its fun
You are making me cry...again!!! I love you, and am so thankful for the time we served together. You are so amazing, and I have learned so much from you. Tell Mike to get ready for girls nights constantly. If not, I will have major withdrawl issues.
Oh my gosh, I walk by that Ardell Brown place every morning pretty much with my dog.. Thats so funny! I want all of the RV's on his lot. Ya, so they just changed our managment at Adagio, it used to be called Pinnacle. They arent that great but what can you do? I totally think that we should get together sometime! It would be awesome
Hey I heard about the split...its hard to let that go...especially when it's not expected! I am just sure that you will be a president again though! You're amazing!
Hope you guys are doing good!
Val,
You did an amazing job! I can understand the bittersweet, but you will still be serving in some way. I know you will fill up your extra time soon, and like you said, maybe we can play more :)!
That calling is tough but knowing you I'm sure you were great at it. They have seen a real loss. But.... hey like you said more free time to be with your sweet family:)
Post a Comment