Thursday, January 8, 2009

What Happens In Vegas...

...Gets posted to my blog! My sweet husband surprised me for my Birthday with plane tickets to Vegas along with tickets for the Beatles show "Love." I felt like I was in great need of a "get-a-way," that is until it was time to say good-bye to my kids...

My parents came to pick them up and as I was giving Kiley kisses my eyes started to tear up and I looked up at Jackson to see tears welling up in his eyes too! Mike gave him a hug and asked if he was crying, to which Jax replied "No" as he tried his hardest to toughen up. But the second I walked over to him to hug him tight - he burst into tears saying,"Mommy, I love you - I don't want you to go!" That absolutely tore my heart out as I looked at Mike and told him I didn't want to go anymore!!! Even my mom was in tears - and as I hugged her and thanked her for taking care of my babies, she whispered in my ear..." It's funny how it takes us leaving to realize that we already have everything we really want right here." She couldn't be more correct! So, my dad reminded me that "re-charging my batteries" would help me to be a better mom and that I should just go enjoy my time with my hubby. It was so hard watching them drive off and not even three minutes later my mom called me to tell me that Jax said, "You know what Grandma, I already miss my mommy and daddy!" Grandma reassured him of how much fun they would have at her house and playing with their Aunts, Uncles, and cousins - then suddenly everything was going to be OK. As for Mike and I we had a great time just being together and relaxing. Here are a few highlights of our trip...
We stayed at the "NewYork New York" hotel on the Las Vegas Strip.

This is Mike and I eating our $20.00 Gelato from Cesar's Palace. Mike didn't even check the price - he just walked up and ordered and about passed out at the cash register when they told him the cost for one small cup of Gelato! Yeah - we got ripped!!! Gelato is good - but not $20 good!

Mike also got us "hooked-up" with front row tickets to the show - "The Beatles - Love" It was the first show I have ever seen in Vegas and it was absolutely amazing - I loved it!We also spent a lot of time just walking up and down the strip everyday, which was really fun. The water show at the Bellagio is always a highlight for me, but Mike didn't care too much about it - he was more excited about the Bellagio buffet! My hot hubby!Just me.
The rare picture of just us together
( At this point we were just dieing to see our kids!)
By the fourth day we realized that unless you drink, party, or gamble Vegas can get boring really fast! We were so excited to see our precious little kids again and realized that even though we do need time together or even alone - we can't be away from our kids for very long. So now I'm trying to talk Mike into a family vacation to Disneyland this spring. I guess we'll see!!!
P.S. Mikey - Thanks for the fun trip and special time I got to spend with you - I love you so much!!!

3 comments:

Carina said...

Val, didn't I tell you the best gelato is found in the Bellagio? Looks like you had a lot of fun! Isn't it funny how we are always saying how much we need a break, but when it comes to leaving out kids it's almost unbearable! You're such a great mom I can see why your kids were so sad to see you leave.

The Stucki's said...

Good for you guys! Spencer was just say "when need a vacation" to which I responded "Yea, lets got to DisneyLand!" It's hard to leave your kids, but so needed every once in a while. It was so good to see you in December. Your sweet kids are beautiful and you are just always and forever one of my greatest friends. Love ya!

The Razon's said...

It looks like you guys had such a great time! I love Vegas but like you said, if you dont party, it gets old kinda fast. We got gelato I think that Caesars and it cost us about that much as well... It is insane!
I had to go to a customers house the other day up by yours. I was going to stop and just say hi but it was super late! darn it..