Saturday, July 4, 2009

The 4th of July

Every year we attend the Fruit Heights/Kaysville City parade by my parents house. I woke up early to get the kids ready to go and while I was blow-drying my hair, I heard Jax say... "Hey Mom, What do zits say?" I looked over at him with a puzzled look on my face wondering why he would ask such a weird question and simply replied..."Zits can't talk!"
Once we arrived at the parade, Jax and Kiley were giving hugs to all their aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. Unbeknownst to me, several of them asked Jax what his shirt said, to which he replied, "Zits can't talk!" It wasn't until the fireworks that evening that his aunt Kelli asked me if I knew why Jackson thought his shirt says, "Zits can't talk?" This time I gave her a puzzled look wondering why he has been telling everyone that is what his shirt says. As the wheels turned in my head, suddenly a light bulb turned on inside and I burst out in laughter!!!! It had dawned on me that while the loud blow dryer was going that morning I could not really hear what it was that Jackson was actually asking me... What I heard him as was, "What do zits say?" when in fact he was asking, "What does this say?" (since I had my hair flipped over covering my eyes, I never noticed him pointing to his shirt while asking that "silly" question) My whole family got a great laugh over the whole crazy ordeal, but at least Jax now knows that his shirt actually says, "Home of the Brave!"My "All-American" cutie pies!
My cute niece "Baby Bella"Court, Mike and Bella
Kiley getting loves from Opa
Monica and Baby Bella
Cute cousins having FUN at the Parade
So excited to catch the candy!
The awesome Fruit Heights City float
After the parade we went back to grandma's house to celebrate Kiley's birthday with the Pitcher side of the family. Once again - she was spoiled! Fairy costume from Court, Kelli, Cambrie and Kade
Pretty purple shoes from Adam, Corie and Bella
A cupcake bank with money in it from Landon and Marianne.
So much fun - thanks everyone!

1 comments:

Ashley and Ezra said...

But Val, you're right... Zits cant talk... and thank goodness, or else I would be listening to chatter all day long!