Jax loved his first season of baseball this spring. At the beginning of the year, all the kids hit from the "T" and by mid-season they were all hitting from the coach's pitch. It was rather humorous to watch Jax run the bases because after he touched first base, he would just continue to run straight down the baseline to outfield - rather than to 2nd base. Luckily, he eventually figured it out.
I'll never forget his first time around the bases... as soon as he touched home plate, I thought he would go "high five" his team-mates, but instead he continued to run straight from home plate right into my arms to give me a huge hug! It was one of those moments as a mother that I will never forget! It almost brought tears to my eyes knowing that he was so anxious to celebrate his accomplishment with his mom. Someday, when he is a teenager, I may be lucky if he even glances up at me in the bleachers. I understand that at that time the opinions and impressions of his coaches and peers will mean more to him that those of his mother... so, during those moments I'll hang onto the memory of this time in his life when it was "cool" to go hug your mom after scoring a run!
Jackson in Action
The team
Jackson's treat for his team
I'll never forget his first time around the bases... as soon as he touched home plate, I thought he would go "high five" his team-mates, but instead he continued to run straight from home plate right into my arms to give me a huge hug! It was one of those moments as a mother that I will never forget! It almost brought tears to my eyes knowing that he was so anxious to celebrate his accomplishment with his mom. Someday, when he is a teenager, I may be lucky if he even glances up at me in the bleachers. I understand that at that time the opinions and impressions of his coaches and peers will mean more to him that those of his mother... so, during those moments I'll hang onto the memory of this time in his life when it was "cool" to go hug your mom after scoring a run!
Jackson in Action
The team
Jackson's treat for his team

0 comments:
Post a Comment