Between Mike and Jackson we have had four parties in the last two weeks - and this was the last big hurrah! (Can we say "Spoiled?") So, since this was Jackson's first party with friends we decided to have a pirate theme. He passed out his invitations as a message in a bottle - which he thought was really cool! When the kids arrived, we dressed them up in pirate hats and eye patches and went outside to break open the treasure chest pinata. After that we ate pizza, opened presents, went on a treasure hunt, and of course ate cake and ice cream. The kids had a great time fighting with their swords and playing pirates. Mike and I never would have survived all 13 kids without my friend Margo who after five kids has become a real pro at this party thing. I was so grateful for her help! So, everything turned out great ( even my attempt at a treasure chest cake) Jax loved all the nice gifts (however, his dad did not love the BYU shirt from Bentley and Collin - but it was hilarious anyway!)
What a fun day - Happy 4th Birthday Jax - I love you buddy!


![]() |
| Make a slideshow - it's easy! |


4 comments:
Thanks for including Tessa Val. She cannot get over being a pirate. She thinks she's a pirate all day every day. Hope you had a great day Jax!
are you not just exhausted from making cakes!(super cute by the way. When did you become Martha(laugh)! but I feel your pain I swear after you have 3 parties for your kids it makes you glad that you have a year untill you have to do it again!
These pictures actually make me want to have a big birthday party for Daxton next year! I've been putting it off, but it looked like so much fun - And Dax had a blast! He loved all of pirate stuff and told me all about it when he came home. You are such a cute Mom, Val. Thanks for inviting Daxton.
Val, Really, really cute!! I LOVE the message in a bottle!!! :) You are such a good mom. Super cute! Great work!
Post a Comment