My younger brother Landon ran his first marathon yesterday and I was so proud of him! At the beginning of the year he randomly decided that he wanted to run a marathon. I was a bit shocked because even though he is a great athlete, he's a fast sprinter and always disliked the thought of running long distances. My dad is a distance runner and Landon said he inspired him to give it a try. After training for less than four months and on three hours of sleep he completed the Ogden city marathon in 3hrs and 51 minutes! When he finished the race, he said, "Well, that was a good workout!" (Of course I thought he was completely insane) However, Landon is an inspiration to me because he proved that if you set your mind to something you can accomplish it. He inspires me in many ways, but I was happy to be there at this moment to congratulate him and support him in yet another one of his great accomplishments! Way to go Landon - I love you buddy!




Sunday, May 18, 2008
You're My Inspiration!!!
Posted by Anonymous at 4:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Hey girl!! I miss you guys so much! Your blog is so cute! I totally wan to do a marathon, but of course I feel like right now is so busy I don't have time to train! I really want to try to do a half in August...cross your fingers cause I'm a long ways off right now!
I'm so glad I can "check up" on you now!!
so that is so cool I can't imagine how great that would feel to accomplish that! maybe one day I will learn to love to run as for now I only run when chased!
Hey Andrus family! It was fun to find your blog! Go Landon! Ryan has always wanted to run a marathon...me, not so much! Looks like you guys are doing great!
Wow, can I be more like your brother Val? I want to run a marathon, but I HATE running...umm yeah not gonna happen! Way to go brother! Will there be more?
Val I finally did it! I got my very own blog. Loved our little girls night on Tuesday I had so much fun!
What an accomoplishment!!! Good for him!! That is so neat to see someone you love accomplishing such a big goal. It is also soo neat that you all were there for him when he did it. What a memory!!
Post a Comment