Monday, August 31, 2009

Jackson's First Day of School

Today is a bittersweet day for me. While I'm excited to watch my children grow and learn new things, I'm sad that they are growing up so fast. It's was somewhat difficult for me to watch my sweet little boy step onto the big yellow school bus and essentially step out of my protective surroundings. I knew this day would come, but didn't expect it to happen so soon! My little buddy is growing up so fast, and now I understand why my dad would always tell me I was not allowed to grow up - that I needed to stay that sweet little innocent girl forever! This day is a reminder to me of how important it is to cherish even the small moments while you can, because if you don't they will all pass you by in one blink.
Jax is so excited for school. He enjoys learning, being with his friends, and seems to view it as an exciting adventure! I hope it stays that way for him and that he always has a that same zeal and passion for life and learning!
However, I hope more than anything, that one day he realizes that the greatest things he learned and the place he felt most loved, protected, and admired occurred from within the walls of his own home. What a Cute Kindergartner!
Rock on Jax - your my superstar!
Hang Loose Buddy!
(Jax and all his funny hand gestures...can you guess where he learned them ??? hahaha!) Yes, I followed his bus all the way to Ridgeline!
Two thumbs up to ensure me that everything was all good!

School was awesome mom! I loved that reaction!!!

Happy to see his cute little sister again - she missed him just as much as I did.

1 comments:

Ashley and Ezra said...

Oh my gosh... I just fall in love with this kid more and more with every picture! How did you get so lucky? Im so excited to be having a boy... just seeing him hug his little sister makes me wanna cry! I just love your kids Val!