That's it -I am officially done with all this snow already and anxious to see color in my yard again! I am getting that itch to dig in the dirt, mow the grass, nurture my flower beds, sip fresh lemonade by my waterfall and fire up the grill! I am already planning our picnics in the park, Sunday afternoon walks around the neighborhood, and playing catch with my kids in the back yard. Our yard is going to need a lot of work this year but I am excited for the challenge and to see what will re- bloom, how much my perennials have grown and figure out what I will add to my landscaping to make it look better. I wish I had the money to just plant it all the way I see it in my head, yet I can still appreciate each little bit of progress I make and be excited about the fact that I can actually plant something and keep it alive - it's very rewarding to me!
So, I hope you'll help me say "Good-by" to the cold and dreary Winter and welcome the beautiful scents and sights of Spring!

So, I hope you'll help me say "Good-by" to the cold and dreary Winter and welcome the beautiful scents and sights of Spring!



11 comments:
Your yard looks so pretty! I feel the same as you! I wish I lived somewhere that flowers bloomed year-round.
Wow! Your yard looks great! I wish that we had a yard. You (or Mike) need to teach Craig how to use a grill. We NEVER do. We need to. Oh and we will meet you at the park for picnics!
Val, I found your blog from Brit's and I am so with you, I am done with winter and ready for spring so that my boys can go outside and enjoy being kids and getting dirty and playing ball and all that jazz. picnics at the park sound so good and so fun. Julie
So, I hope you can envision something for my yard, because I'm going to be asking you a lot of questions!
Come to AZ, you don't have to shovel SUNSHINE!!!
AMEN. I'm so over the snow. Your flowers look amazing! I can't wait to see what they look like this year too after seeing that picture! Maybe someday we too will have a flower garden...instead of a dirt and rock garden. *sigh*
I heard it is suppose to storm tomorrow!! AHHH!! I cant wait to get out in the sun!
Hope you are doing well! :)
Amen! I am so sick of the snow too!! I can't wait for spring either.
You make me laugh Valarie! I so appreciate your service. The girls loved your workout.
Your yard is gorgeous and so are those photos of you below!
Amen sister, bring on the SPRING!! At least we are getting some great weather this week and into the weekend! I love the sun! I cant wait to be jealous of your yard once more this year... all the color just makes me smile and feel so happy! Maybe I can steal some ideas and put some color in my neck of the woods... MAYBE!
You have the touch with flowers. I remember last year seeing your garden. It is absolutely amazing looking.
Post a Comment