I happen to be 1/8 Irish, so you would think that I would be a bit more true to my roots and remember to celebrate St. Patrick's Day...but it slipped my mind along with several other things.
The day began with Mike putting on his bright green shirt and changing Jax into a shirt with something green on it before going to pre-school. I looked at Mike and so "matter of factly" said, "It's not St. Patrick's Day!" To which he just rolled his eyes and knew that it's not productive to argue with a woman with only one brain cell left. So, it was off to work and school. Sure enough when I picked up Jackson, all the kids were dressed in green with the cutest leprechaun masks on! Oh man, do I feel stupid! This was one morning I was grateful Mike dressed our kids - if not for him my little one's would have been pinched to death! 
Needless to say, I felt awful. So many of my friends made a big deal about it with their kids and they loved it! Even my cute sister-in-law, Kelli made breakfast, lunch and dinner all green and played leprechaun with her kids by leaving gold candy coins on the floor leading to their rooms with a pot of gold - SO STINKIN' CUTE!!! Well, luckily Jackson's pre-school teacher came through with these adorable leprechaun masks - if not my kids would have had no clue that this holiday even occurred! Well, I guess we all have our bad mommy moments ... right??? Well, Happy St. Pattys Day anyway and may the "Luck O' the Irish be with you!" (Cause it wasn't with me!!!) :-)

4 comments:
Jacksons hat and beard are awesome! He looks adoreable. Way to go Mike REPRESENTIN st pattys day. Val next year I will text you a reminder :) haha!
Val, you totally aren't the only absent minded person, that's for sure. But, we have an excuse as moms, we have a lot more to worry about! ;0)
Val, I must say Im a little shocked! If I would have seen you, I would have pinched you, and hard too! Im not one to over look holiday traditions, and the pich is a major holiday tradition. Thank you Mike for stepping in and taking care of your little ones. Val what are we going to do with you? Happy St. Patty's Day everyone! haha
I had a hard time finding something green for Liv to wear. She wears a whole lot of pink and purple.
I love the little hats that Jackson's teacher made. How cute is that idea. I might have to steal that for little fun gift next year for Liv's cousins.
Hope you are doing good!
Post a Comment