Monday, July 14, 2008

Cherry Hill

Mike went on a "business"trip to Chicago last week. (Is a Cub's game and tour of Notre Dame considered business?) So, while he was gone the kids and I stayed at my parents house for a night. My mom and I decided to take them to the hot spot when I was a kid - Cherry Hill! I spent almost every day of my summer as a kid at this water park. It was so much fun, Kiley and Jax loved every moment of it - well, almost every moment. After Jackson worked up the courage to go down the big Cardiac Canyon tube ride, he was so excited to go again, but the little girl waiting in line to take his tube didn't wait for him to let go and drug his little body up the cement stairs leaving him with bloody knees. He finally let go and she ran off saying nothing. He began to cry really hard and all he could say was, "Mom that big girl is so mean - she took away my tube without asking nicely and she didn't even say she was sorry - that is so naughty!" Well, at least he is catching on to proper manners better than I thought he was!
Anyway, the kids had so much fun going down the slides with grandma. Her favorite part was relaxing in a tube on the lazy river, however Jax wanted nothing to do with just sitting - he wanted to go on the "fast slides!"
I personally enjoyed the great memories it brought back to me as well as the new ones I made with my sweet children.







0 comments: