Monday, July 14, 2008

Girls Weekend in Park City

Since having kids, I have never left Mike with the kids and went away somewhere fun with the girls. I always felt like that would be so selfish of me, but soon realized that mommies need a break every now and again too! So, when some of my girlfriends from my old ward and recipe group proposed a weekend in Park City with the girls I was dieing to go! Since Mike had been gone all week to Chicago, he agreed to take the kids when he got home so that I could join the gals.
So, Friday afternoon we packed up and headed to the outlet shopping center. We were so excited to pack our cars with some great purchases, but since the outlets tend to be sort of "hit or miss," we each went home with only one bag - so sad!!! We then had dinner at a fine dining Italian restaurant recommended by Lisa. (She could do Park City tours with how well she know that place!) We had the yummiest appetizer there - onion rings with an amazing gourmet berry ketchup. I know it sounds sick - but it was fabulous! We then headed off to our hotel and when we opened to door to our room there was only 1 king bed - we requested 2 queens! Apparently they were completely booked in the whole hotel and the front desk guy kinda acted like the 4 of us in the same bed was not that big of a deal! So, I put my negotiators hat on and after some "dialog" (yes, I remained rather professional:) we got a nicer room at another hotel for half the price of what we were supposed to pay. I wanted free, but we still have to speak to the manager about that. So, once we arrived at the other hotel, we went hot-tubing, stayed up talking and giggling and finally went to sleep. The die-hard runners - Lisa and LaRane went running in the morning and then we went to Red Rock for a great lunch. Unfortunately, it ended a bit too soon and we all had to get back to our real lives. I was excited to see my cute kids and hot hubby when I got home, and realized that was just the get away I needed to set aside my hectic life for a little while and return home refreshed ready to be mommy, wife and Relief Society President again.
I had so much fun and just love these girls to death! They are such amazing individuals and I consider myself lucky to call them friends!

Mindy, LaRane, Lisa, and me at Red Rock in Park City.

3 comments:

Rane said...

VAl...

it was such a fun over nighter. (is that a word??) i agree with lisa that next time we should do an entire weekend. I don't know if i've laughed that hard...at least not in a while. I'm glad you came...it's fun getting a chance to just be girls once in a while.

have a great week.

Natalie said...

yeah, so when are we going to do this? Looks like fun!

Beck said...

So fun! Girls trips are the best. Im glad you got to experience it.