One of my favorite things is attending "Recipe Group" with some of my friends from my old church ward. Last month my assignment was dessert and I took a super simple yet delicious summer ice cream cake. Since then, I have recently served it to a few of my friends in the neighborhood. They all asked for the recipe but to make it easier on me, I let them know that I would just post it to my blog. So, if you're interested - give it a try... I don't think you'll be disappointed ! Enjoy!!!
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Ingredients:
12 ice cream sandwiches
1 can aerosol whipped cream
1 bag or 10 oz. box of desired candy, cookies, nuts or fruit (Oreos, M&M’s, whoppers, toffee etc.)
¼ cup hot fudge sauce
Instructions:
Place a large piece of tin foil on a flat surface. Set four ice cream sandwiches on top of the foil side-by-side long sides touching. Squirt an even layer of whipped cream over top and sprinkle with 1/3 c. of desired topping. Repeat layers twice leaving the top layer of ice cream sandwiches plain. Fold tin foil up and over the cake and seal together. Freeze for at least 4 hours. Thaw slightly before serving and finish garnishing the top with one more layer of whipped cream, candy and drizzle with hot fudge. Serve immediately.
Ingredients:
12 ice cream sandwiches
1 can aerosol whipped cream
1 bag or 10 oz. box of desired candy, cookies, nuts or fruit (Oreos, M&M’s, whoppers, toffee etc.)
¼ cup hot fudge sauce
Instructions:
Place a large piece of tin foil on a flat surface. Set four ice cream sandwiches on top of the foil side-by-side long sides touching. Squirt an even layer of whipped cream over top and sprinkle with 1/3 c. of desired topping. Repeat layers twice leaving the top layer of ice cream sandwiches plain. Fold tin foil up and over the cake and seal together. Freeze for at least 4 hours. Thaw slightly before serving and finish garnishing the top with one more layer of whipped cream, candy and drizzle with hot fudge. Serve immediately.

8 comments:
That looks really good, I will have to try it! I love new recipes!
I will be trying this. It looks delicious!
One word. YUM!
Valarie, I would love to be a part of a recipie club. How can I join? I have been looking for some friends to have a club with, but no one seems to interested. Please give me a call or send me an email. Thanks Amber Sorensen
Ok why the crap was I not invited when you made this cake???? Do you not love me! :)
That picture looks like one from a magazine. So pretty. I will definately have to try that yummy looking ice cream cake. Thanks for sharing.
That cake looks soooo good! I'm for sure going to have to make it! Feel free to post more recipes. I love new recipes!!
I'm a chocolate lover! I like it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and in between! I can't wait to try this!
Post a Comment