Saturday, December 25, 2010

Next stop...Grammie and Opa's!

We ended off the day at my parents house.  I was finally feeling a little bit better and I wanted to be there so badly, especially since this was Steve's first Christmas home since his mission in Paraguay and because Landon and Marianne would be moving to Arizona for grad school shortly.  I sat in the corner and took pictures enjoying what was left of Christmas.
 I love this Christmas tree because it reminds me of my Christmases as a child.  My mom hand made most of the ornaments on this tree when they were young parents without a lot of money to buy ornaments.  Personally, I think they are cuter than ones you can get in a store and they have so much more meaning to them because they show one of her many talents and abilities to make things beautiful.
Kiley was given a kitchen set from Landon and Marianne.
 Jax got a really cool sword that he couldn't wait to play with!
 Opa made sure Marianne had a few of her favorite treats to enjoy on Christmas day.
 I knew Steve would love this movie "Blind Side" which I'm sure he'll enjoy watching on the clear play DVD player he got from mom and dad.
It's so great to have Uncle Steve home to enjoy this Christmas with us!
Steve got this new sweater and he did my favorite "happy dance" after he put it on. It's so funny!
 Grandma got the kids these really cool banks that she had for me as a kid. She taught them, just the same as she taught me, how to budget their money and make sure that 10% goes back to the Lord as tithing, some goes into savings and some for spending money.  I love this concept for teaching kids money management and the kids were really excited about it!
 Grammie helping Kiley figure out which category each of her coins go in. I absolutely love this picture of them.
Marianne is so sweet to always let Kiley help her open every one of her gifts.
 Blake and Moke enjoyed the evening with us as well.  He spoiled her rotten!
 Kiley has an obsession with cupcakes so this cupcake maker from Uncle Court and Aunt Kelli, was super exciting!
 Man I love hearing his laugh again! It is so fun having him back home after being gone for two years!

More gifts to come! The blessings of having a large family.
I almost didn't add this picture because of how awful I look being sick, but this was the gift that helped me remember why we even celebrate this special day.   My parents gave each of their children a beautiful picture, and mine was of Christ.  It was His birth, His life, and His loving example that causes us to celebrate this joyous day. As I lied sick in bed all day, it was His loving gift of the atonement that I was reminded of.  His willingness to suffer all things in my behalf because He loves me.  There is no greater gift.

 Landon and Marianne's picture was of the "Sacred Grove."
 These are a few of their favorite things! Soda, chips, and football visors of their favorite teams which they both think is #1.
 Mike was excited for Opa to support his team, but Landon didn't think that was very cool, so he did this instead...
 Go Michigan...I mean Nebraska!!!

 I love this cute look from my mom - such a classic look from her!
 New peal earrings from Jax and Kiley.
 What a gift it is to know how much my mom loves my kids and how much they love and admire her as well. 
 Something tells me this kid will love football just as much as the rest of my family does!
 This action will go on over and over all day long!
 Kiley put on her smiley face while I think Jax looks like he's still in the game.
 Opa got some new running gear - much needed for the man that runs like "Forest Gump!"
Funny Steve asked for a "old school" Nintendo game system with the dance pad and all!  He was excited my parents actually found one! I can't wait to see his moves!

0 comments: