Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve!

Our Christmas Eve was spent just the way I like it - filled with fun and family! It began early in the morning when we met at the old "Doug and Emmie's" restaurant in Kaysville for breakfast with my family to celebrate my Birthday. We spent all afternoon with the family and later that evening, Monica decided to take the kids outside sledding while my mom helped Mike work on a "special" Christmas present for some of his buddies. Let's just say Mike has officially completed his first digital scrapbook project! After sledding, Cambrie and Kade arrived. They enjoyed dancing around the living room and singing while Grandma Linda played Christmas songs for them.
My grandma Rhea started a tradition in our family to let us all open one gift from her on Christmas Eve - we loved getting Christmas jammies and now my parents carry on that same tradition. In fact, it is the first gift my mom buys each year because she knows how excited the kids get when they open them - just look at Jackson's reaction when he opened his! I decided to let Mike join in on the fun and he was pretty excited about sporting his new U of U gear(especially since they were the only undefeated collage team this year...13- 0 baby!) Monica even sported her adult sized footie jammies for us!
Another on of my favorite traditions is having my dad read "Twas The Night Before Christmas" in his German accent before tucking the kids in bed. I love that my kids get to be a part of this tradition now. I don't care how old I am, I still get just as excited for this part of Christmas Eve as I did when I was a kid. This to me is what gets the magic going!



We then set out milk and cookies for Santa, put the kids to bed and then Mike enjoyed his favorite Christmas Eve tradition. Every year he watches "National Lampoon's - Christmas Vacation!" Since we stayed over night at my parents house we forgot to bring the movie with us and Mike was going to freak out if he didn't get to watch his movie. Luckily Monica's friend Jay let us borrow his copy...now Christmas can officially begin!

0 comments: