Saturday, December 13, 2008

Monica's Birthday!

My little sister Monica turned 17 on December 13. Coincidentally the Davis High Christmas Dance was that same night. Monica was asked to sing the theme song -"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"at the dance that night. Since she didn't have a date to the dance, her friend came over to practice the song with her, blow out the candles on her cake, and cruise over to the dance. Monica looked so pretty and she did such a great job singing that I finally realized why she didn't have a date... she is way out of every one's league! So, she's now 17 and still never been kissed - her father and 4 older brothers hope to keep it that way!
While she was gone during the day and again that evening, my mom and I decided to decorate the big bedroom for her as a surprise for her Birthday! She wanted something cute, yet sophisticated! So we decided to go with black, white, and fuchsia! We found the cutest bedding, and then I made her a head board - complete with satin ribbon and rhinestones! My mom and I painted an old desk that I had all black along with a standing mirror and a chair that we also re-covered with cute matching fabric. Since her room is really big we arranged it so that one area is a "study/relaxing" area, then her sleeping area, and then the space by the closet we are turning into a "dressing" area- once it is finished it will look like a posh little boutique! It was sooo much work, but soooo much fun at the same time! Of course we didn't have it all done by the time she got home - but we were just happy that she liked her surprise! So this is what we have done so far...




0 comments: