Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Recipe Group Christmas Party!

For the last three years I have been getting together with some of my girlfriends for Recipe Group. We have soooo much fun together, and this year it was my turn to host our Christmas party. We had a delicious dinner and then we opened gifts that we brought for each other. Since I hosted, I prepared the main course - My Super Simple Crock-Pot Ribs along with the drink. I thought it would be fun to have a hot and cold drink, so I made Cranberry Spritzer and what I call a "Cup of Christmas"- which is assorted homemade hot-chocolate. As usual the dinner was great, but we all felt like little girls on Christmas morning opening all our fun and thoughtful gifts from each other! Just check out how cute their ideas were...














"A Cup of Christmas"
and
"Cranberry Spritzer"







Look at all these SuPeR CuTe gifts!





Lisa and Mindy (above) and
Melissa and Jamie (below) holding up their
cute nativity scenes from Lorilee.





All the girls together (L to R) LaRane, Mindy,
Lisa, Jamie, Me, Melissa, & Lorilee




Jamie gave us all these awesome baking sheets, cookie cutter, and spatula from Orson Gygi - I can't wait to try it out! Say "brownies" Lorilee and LaRane!

Jamie is holding up her adorable William Sonoma cooking bowl and dish towels that Lisa gave us.

Lorilee - your bowls look awesome! Rock on LaRane!

Lisa also made all of us these delicious chocolates the morning of the party - she is totally amazing!

These are the white chocolate popcorn bowls that I made for the gals.

OK, check out how freekin' cute these aprons are
that LaRane made for us - yes she made them all herself! And she gave us the best "Rocky Road Popcorn" - wow!

Melissa made us these super cute blocks that say, "Days 'till Santa" - my kids love changing the blocks each day and getting more and more excited each time they change it!

Mindy gave us all matching black shirts and our favorite "Scentsy" candle scents as well. Mmmm, I love the smell of "Snowberry" - Oh, and I can't forget the cookies she gave us from Kneaders Bakery - I love that place!

What can I say..."Girls Just Wanna Have FUN!!!"

Merry Christmas Gals - I Love Ya'll!

4 comments:

Chris & Missy said...

Wow!! It looks like you gals sure know how to throw a fun party!! I sure hope that you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!!

The Razon's said...

Oh my gosh, look at how pro you are!! Thats awesome!

Hey were you in the Mall today? I could have sworn I saw you.

Ashley and Ezra said...

Seriously Val... those girls are amazing!!! What a cute fun party! I love your hot chocolate picture... where can I get some of that???

Ryan and Tenneal said...

You guys had way too much fun and way cute stuff too! It almost makes me want to go to Utah? LOL I love that we have the same blog background, we obviously have good taste.